A Health and Wellbeing Forum has been set up to create opportunities for local community and voluntary groups to identify and address what they see as the main health and wellbeing issues in the area.
The two main aims of the Forum are firstly to provide an opportunity for local groups to work together and develop capacity in addressing local health issues and secondly to make links between activity on the ground and developments at a strategic level.
The Forum provides a vehicle for local groups to:
- Learn more about each other
- Share information on training and funding
- Identify areas of need for inclusion in the strategic context
- Link with other bodies with a remit for health e.g. Belfast Trust, Investing for Health.
- Connect the local experience into Neighbourhood Planning processes e.g Neighbourhood Renewal
- Engage in consultations on health related proposals which impact on local people
The Health and Wellbeing Forum has a dual role as the Neighbourhood Renewal Task group for Health and Wellbeing.
To find out more about the Health and Wellbeing Forum email firstname.lastname@example.org